Shehaqua Family Camp
Shehaqua Family Camp is a summer camp in late July/early August for the whole family. That's right, the whole family.
Set in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, Shehaqua Family Camp is a great place to fellowship with other families. Get a quick overview with About Family Camp or read the latest news below.
- Published on Saturday, 29 June 2013 19:30
The Intentional community workshop is a special track for people interested in learning about intentional communities. It will be held as part of the Weekend 1.5 program, on July 26 - 28.
Friday July 26
6 pm Dinner
- Published on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 00:56
- Published on Sunday, 26 May 2013 12:13
Education Directors: Dorit Smith & In Sook Spacek
Education Directors: Lara Sawamukai
Education Directors: Lena Yasutake, & Bruce Bonini, Advisor: Betsy Bonini
Education. Director: Sally Sayre & Claire Hinkle, Advisor: Crescentia DeGoede
- Published on Saturday, 25 May 2013 15:46
The ideal candidate loves Camp Shehaqua, wants to help others have a great experience at Family Camp, is skilled at having fun, enjoys taking care of others, shows up on time to all presentations and activities, listens attentively to presenters, is comfortable speaking in small group settings, and is 16 years or older. No prior leadership experience at Shehaqua programs or other programs is required as training will be provided through the Leadership Retreat. If you’ve been a group leader at a Shehaqua Family program in the past, we would love to have you back! All those who qualify to be a group leader or assistant at Family Camp will have the opportunity to attend this year’s Leadership Retreat at no cost to you right before the start of the 1st week of camp, Fri. July 19th - Sun. July 21st.
- Published on Monday, 15 April 2013 00:22
Registration for Summer Family Camp is now open! For arrival and departure information check out the schedule here. You can find the fees here. See more information about Family Camp here. To register, go to www.live4joy.org/register. The early bird deadline is May 31.
Our Summer Programs at a Glance:
All ages are welcome to attend any week of Shehaqua Family Camp, and additionally this year we have optional education tracks for those who are interested!
Shehaqua Summer Family Camp Week 1: July 21 – 26
Optional adult and young adult education track: Health Retreat, by Gregg Noll. Read more here.
Shehaqua Summer Family Camp Weekend 1.5: July 26 – 28
Optional adult and young adult education track 1: Young Adults and Professionals Workshop. Read more here.
Optional adult and young adult education track 2: Intentional Community Workshop, by Diana Leafe Christian, author and public speaker on Intentional Community Building. Read more here.
Shehaqua Summer Family Camp Week 2: July 29 – Aug 3
Young Family week. Read more here.
Shehaqua Summer Family Camp Week 3: August 5 – 10
Optional track for married couples: Couples Retreat. Read more here.
Special Education Tracks:
Health Retreat, by Gregg Noll
(First week: July 21 – 26)
Come to Camp Shehaqua during week one of family camp and participate in our annual health retreat. Get away from the stress of modern life, reconnect with nature, and take control of your health destiny. We will examine the multi-faceted aspects of health: spiritual, emotional, mind and body. Through a combination of talks, small group discussions, live demos and documentaries we will discover what it takes to recover our full health. What you can expect:
- Health Education: Nutrition, the value of movement, emotional well-being, deliberate creating through the power of thought, and much more!
- Examine principles of developing a healthy lifestyle that promote natural healing of mind and body.
- Healthy & tasty menu: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Cooking demonstrations: Easy, fun, inexpensive and yummy!
- Morning Qi gong & Yoga: A great way to begin the day.
- Outdoor pool, hiking/walking trails
Now is a good time to take charge and live life to the fullest. Join with others on this exciting journey to greater health and happiness.
Young Adults and Professionals Workshop
(Week 1.5: July 26 – 28)
Join other people your age for a relaxing, spiritually stimulating, and fun weekend where you can spend time building new connections and reconnect with old friends.
We will provide practical, insightful, and context-specific content for college students and early career adults (~19–24), as well as for more established young professionals (25–35+). The weekend will include:
- Forum-style interactive education
- Challenges, insights, and best practices on how to integrate college and professional careers with our personal growth and spiritual lives.
- Space to relax
- Shehaqua is a great place to hit the "pause" button. There will be plenty of time to hang out, play sports, enjoy nature, go swimming, or do whatever you find rejuvenating!
- Time to connect
- Extended meal times and small groups make this weekend a great place to build new relationships or catch up with old friends.
In short, this weekend is going to be awesome! We hope to see you there.
Intentional Community Workshop
(Week 1.5: July 26 – 28)
Workshop by Diana Leafe Christian, author and public speaker on Intentional Community Building. Learn more about Diana at http://www.dianaleafechristian.org/about_diana.html. More details about this workshop will be announced soon.
Young Family Week
(Second week: July 29 – Aug 3)
We've often heard that the first five years of life are the most important in shaping who your child will become, but it can be difficult to navigate the waters of parenthood when it's all so new! That's why Shehaqua Family Camp is dedicating a whole week to Young Families! Parents of children under 12 can share experiences, get support, and bond as a family. Create memories at Family Fun night, the camp fires (with s'mores!), crafts, swimming, hiking, and educational programs for every age. Engage in programs geared towards the specific needs of young families, such as the adult discussion topic, "Raising Blessed Children in the 21st Century", while your children form friendships that can last a lifetime.
(Week 3: August 5 – 10)
Facilitated by Crescentia DeGoede. At this retreat, (for married couples only!) you and your spouse will learn skills to strengthen your relationship with one another, while enjoying an emotionally and spiritually supportive, marriage-and-family-friendly, and pristine natural environment. Sessions will include dynamic presentations from some of our Unification Church community's most experienced and trusted marriage and family educators and mentors, guided group and one-on-one discussions, and fun and meaningful exercises for couples to do together. You and your beloved will learn skills to:
- Strengthen your friendship, deepen your understanding of one another
- Spice up your intimacy
- Transform inevitable relationship conflicts so you can build solid bridges between the two of you
- Unearth the values and life purpose you share
- All married couples, both young and more mature, can benefit from this retreat! Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to produce more true love and joy in your marriage!